Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday Marriage Proposal

One of my favorite things about meeting engaged couples for the first time is that I get to hear the story of how the Groom (sometimes the Bride) proposed. What makes these stories even more fun is that, just like snowflakes, there are never 2 that are exactly alike. And, each proposal usually includes significant amounts of creativity and detailed preparation to provide for an element of surprise.

Perfect example, a Black Friday, 11/28/08, marriage proposal at a Best Buy in the Mall of America, Minneapolis, MN. Here's a link to the video.

2 comments:

  1. this is like those people that ask their girlfriends to marry them at baseball games...risky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cole.

    They've been together for 5 years so I would imagine he had a pretty good idea she would say "yes."

    Funny thing...I received the following email from the bride featured in the video on Monday morning.
    "Ron - I am the one that was proposed to on Black Friday. My fiancee and I just wanted to thank you for your beautiful comments on your blog. We were surprised how far outside of MN this story got, especially Nationally on GMA Saturday. Thank you once again. Your services seems great - wish you were a little closer to MN for when our big day comes."

    What a small world we live in!

    ReplyDelete